"He who loves purity of heart,
and whos speech is gracious,
the King is his friend."

Monday, October 3, 2011

Irresistible Payday!!!!

I'm a nut...in a candy bar...and if you're a strong devout Christian...I mean a real Christian, not a Sunday morning sleeper/sympathizer...then you are too.

I have forever been told that living a Christian life as a reformed predestinationalist is pointless. I mean if God already knows who’s going to be saved and who isn’t, regardless of how, what’s the point in trying to save over souls, right? What people don’t understand is that we don’t have a choice, and if you’re a Christian, I’m sorry to have to tell you but neither do you.
    Let’s start with a few basic givens. God is good. God is sovereign. God created all things. God is ultimately in control of all things. God knows all things. Not all people are going to heaven, but many are. The bible is very clear about all of these givens. I’m not a strong double predestinationalist (God not only chose those going to heaven, but also those going to hell); nor am I even trying to persuade, I’m just stating facts and somewhat defending my case.
    So it may seem that we have these set of givens and that it kind of does begin to seem like there really couldn’t be any way we would choose our own fate in terms of heavenly eternity. However, I’ll briefly map out the five points of Calvinism, called TULIP, and show you were people get caught up; and then return to my previous argument of how the Holy Spirit living through us and guiding our every act via our consciences really is the best way to approach God living through us.
    The five points are Total Depravity, Unconditional Salvation, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints. The basically mean 1.) we are depraved sinners capable of nothing good on our own, 2.) we have been saved in accordance to the gospel having nothing to do with anything we’ve done on our own, 3.) the atoning blood of Christ will not save every living soul from eternal separation from God, 4.) once one has been given salvation, the grace and every act of being now lived out through you is irresistible, 5.) once you are saved, you are always saved.
    The most important step that the mass of men lose sight of is step 4; irresistible grace. I would say that most ‘free will thinkers’ imagine Calvinism; a world where God has chosen His people, as some dull zombie like land where humans have no free will whatsoever and their entire lives are simply in a state of comatose zombie like paths that ultimately lead to a controlling God that only desires to make our lives miserable and no fun. 
      However, evangelism, worship, love, peace, grace, and even life itself; all of life’s actions that equate to being a Christian living wholly for Christ, become irresistible. I have no choice. I fall in love with the idea of sharing the gospel with everybody.
     So think of it like this...you're a nut...stuck to a payday...you love being there...you know you're the best part of sweetness...boy am I telling you what...but you can't do anything about it...and if you could you probably wouldn't anyhow...because you know that when you're a nut all by yourself you're not really that good. It is being a nut part of something infinitely better that makes you so wonderfully great! What kind of Christian wouldn't want to be a part of a faith that just make the world a better place...?
     You might be thinking, 'well yea...but some people are allergic to nuts on paydays so how does that work out to a good theology?' My answer...some people seem like they're allergic to Christ too...I'm not trying to write a theology anyhow...I'm just telling it how it is...

No comments: