When I was on vacation in St. Louis I played more baseball in about a week and a half then I have in that amount of time in my whole life!!! My 3 year old nephew was destroying me. First thing in the morning...'Uncle Daybull you want to play baseball?'
Um, no Cooper not right now I haven't had any coffee yet...
While watching over me while I drink my coffee to see how much I had left I always knew the first question after the very last sip was going to be...Ok you want to play baseball now?
Yes Cooper we can play baseball now...
Later in the afternoon..."Uncle Daybull you want to go outside and play baseball?"
No Cooper I'm tired and getting too old to keep up with you....
.................................................
Today I went into the the gym to play basketball and saw some other guys in their younger twenties playing 21...so I asked to join....After a very disappointing and somewhat embarrassing game, I said 'Man I'm getting too old for this...I just turned 28..."
The younger 20-something that dribbled the ball around my life while we were playing....
"oh man that's nothing...I just turned 35...."
Oh Geesh!!!!!
I'm sticking to baseball...Cooper...I'm on my way over....
No comments:
Post a Comment