I watched a movie tonight...Lillies of the Field...it was a pretty good movie...in fact I found myself tremendously encouraged by the characters in the movie...I love watching movies about people with incredible faith...
However, I found it very ironic...the movie was about having faith like that of the "lillies of the field" portrayed in Matthew 6:25-28
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lillies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin."
A group of German nuns is head up by a 'mother' nun that has prayed for a chapel to be built...and she simply has faith throughout the entire movie that He will build them a chapel...and...well you'll have to watch it....
What was ironic was that on the way back home the wheel bearings in my Land Rover started making a funny noise...kind of a metallic rubbing noise...I found myself worrying about it a lot...if any of you know the history of my vehicle you know why...I think I'm going to take a break from driving it around for a while....but I found myself worrying about how to pay for it....
I need to watch the movie again...I must have not got it the first time...

No comments:
Post a Comment