The knowledge of myself has always been the greatest inhibitor to my faith. Who am I? What is my purpose? These have always been the greatest questions that I have encountered throughout my life. Today, for some reason, I was awestruck at the answer that seemed to become so blatantly obvious to me…
When Moses was confronted by God to tell the Israelites about Him, He told Moses to tell them that He was their God…”This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:14) God; Yahweh knew exactly who He was, what His purpose was, and what He was going to do. When Jesus was confronted by the Pharisees to explain to them exactly who He was He said…“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:58)
Jesus did not have an identity crisis…He knew exactly who He was, what His purpose was, and what He was going to do…
When I walk to the day of judgment and Jesus meets me at gates and asks me what my name is that He might tell God on my behalf…I want to answer Him fully knowing that God will remember my name. I want to answer, “tell God that ‘I AM YOURS’ is here.”
No comments:
Post a Comment